Monday 23 March 2009

Portable Saw Mill

So I went on a trip with my school to work with a youth group this weekend at a place called Doe River Gorge.  While I was there I saw this beast of a machine and thought it would be a sweet post.  I have never seen one of these before, but it has a huge band saw type blade that is pushed through the log to make long slabs.  
So the big engine with the saw blade and all is propelled with hydraulics down the metal track and through the log.  It was a pretty sweet thing to watch. 

After seeing this monster in action I decided that when I grow up I want to have one of these for myself.  

2 comments:

  1. who doesn't want a sweet piece of machinery from time to time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. used one of those in college... amazing how accurate they are.

    ReplyDelete