Thursday 5 March 2009

Dave Show and update


Tonight I went with one of my professors to the Greenville County Art Museum.  There was a talk about one of Dave's pots that was acquired by the museum. Since I just did a load of research on this guy it was a very convenient date for me.  I have looked at many of his pots in pictures lately, but I must say that it is nothing like seeing one in person.  I don't think I realized just how great this potter was until I saw one of his big pots for myself.  The pot that we looked at looked very much like this one in the picture.

The last 2 days I have been glazing like a mad man.  I have a few tests going in like a white shino, some new alkaline tests, and a new blue.  The firing should be pretty exciting and I am very excited about it overall.  I am also pretty pumped about spring break coming up next week.  I plan on doing some fishing and goofing around.  I might try to make some things as well.  No real plans I guess.  I suppose that is how some of the best spring breaks are started.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment