Thursday 12 March 2009

Firing and Some New Pots

I helped Hal fire his kiln this past weekend.  It was a gorgeous day to fire a kiln and all went as planned.  I got about twelve pots squeezed in with his load.  Chad is firing this weekend and I just dropped off the pots at Hals place for that one.  Chad had a group coming down to help him fire and he is gracious enough to load my pots for me while I am at the potters conference in Asheboro this weekend.  

A new clearer less runny ash glaze I tried out to show some of my trailing off.  It seems to work well and I am excited to see how it does in salt since it did not run much.  The black slip under this glaze has a subtleness I like.  
This guy turned out a little more drippy than I thought, but I like it.
The bud vase on the right is a new shino I tried out.  It came out ok, but but I think it would do a little better in a more reduced firing.  I dont have much of an eye for shinos, but I am working on it.  I am testing a few more in the kiln this weekend as well.  I will let you know how it goes.

I am very excited about the conference and am leaving tomorrow.  I will try and put up a post about it as soon as I get back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment