Friday 20 February 2009

School and I can see the light!


So this is a self portrait I did last year for painting one.  It is going in the school spring show so I had to bring it back for that. I am almost finished with the pots I have need to have done for  the show in Hickory.  I brought too many last year so I am taking it fairly slow and trying to make everything look nice.  I plan to have a bisque tomorrow and make a very large jar.  I have a few teapots to assemble and some decorating to think on and do as well.  I have been trying to get some poem ideas for a few pots.  I plan on finishing up with all of the serious pot making next week.  I will do my last large piece on Saturday and then do a few bowls, plates and things without handles so can dry real fast for the firing.  I also may go and do some digging after that and start planning for the work I will do for the summer.  It is certainly a good feeling to see the light at the end of the tunnel and be able to start thinking of the next move.
It is also good in order to put some more effort into school.  I am doing fine in everything except I am feeling a bit of pressure in German class.  The weeks are going by so fast around here with all of the fun I am having making pots and being with friends at school.  I am having a great time though so it is a little bit sad when the time flies away like it has been.  I will get some pictures of the lot tomorrow and hope to bring some good news.    

No comments:

Post a Comment