Tuesday 8 February 2011



OK, so this post is a new experimental video idea. I am swing dancer and dance up to four times a week depending on when and where dances are. The equipment used to make this video include a video camera and baseball cap. I turned the hat backwards and strapped the camera to my forehead via baseball cap. After that I asked my friend Lily to dance with me. I am sure she felt weird dancing with a guy who had a camera strapped to his head, but she was comfortable enough to disregard the awkward headgear. I think this video needs work, but with a little practice from yours truly the next one should be much stronger. I tried to get shots of our feet multiple times, but it just didnt work out well. I need to make more dramatic movements with my head in order to obtain the correct shot. I plan to use this method to film multiple other ventures outside of swing dancing. Any tips would be apprecited. ENJOY!

PS. I have used this method to document a kayaking trip I took recently. You can check that out here: Click me to see a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet video!!

No comments:

Post a Comment