Sunday 10 April 2011

New Dance



This video was shot at Hot Club of Durham. It is favorite place to dance in on weeknights. There is a very strong core group of people there that have a great time. In the video I am dancing with Genevieve. She is an amazing follow.

Lately I have learned a new dance. I am no longer working as an apprentice. I am working for myself as a journeyman potter. I have found a sweet spot in the lovely small town of Whynot to begin setting up my first full time pottery shop. Being a journeyman in Seagrove is a great way to get started. It enables me to learn various approaches to full time pottery. I haven't picked up this many tricks and techniques since being in college. The people are generous and willing to help me out any way they can, and living in the beautiful Uwharrie hills of North Carolina is a blessing. Being self employed at the age of 23 is something I am thankful for. I feel like I am the luckiest man alive.
I am swing dancing two to four nights a week, and with the weather warming up I have been fishing like a mad man at every open opportunity.
I am finding enough work to keep the bills payed and more. I am also working on a private shop of my own which I plan to have up and running before the fall of this year. Life is good.
Thanks for reading. Please feel free to let me know what you think.
Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment